Saturday 14 October 2017

MY AFRICAN STORY HAS A TOUCH OF LA FRANCE

The story of Huberta is a genuine African story, sometimes we forget about all the exciting stories about South Africa.  I know we caught up in all the negative happenings and I am not trying to make them sound as if they are not important, but let's focus on some good news.  I love the story of A year in Provence by Peter Mayle, there is a lovely video about this story and it really is just one of those pick me up and make me feel good stories.  I love France, and for two years I travelled back and forth working in Normandy, it was a great time and I loved every minute of it.  I was wondering should I not just include some of those stories in my blog?  The countryside, the food, the people oh so much but then maybe not, those were good times but here we also have a beautiful country, fantastic food and wonderful people of diversity. Here are a few photos of my time in St Nicolas de Pierrepont.

The little house I lived in my bedroom was upstairs and I had a lovely view.


St Nicolas de Pierrepont the little village where I lived, well at least St Nicolas reminds me of Huberta and my grandfather!!



Phillip feeding the chickens and the goats, Bonny is always seeking attention.
I enjoyed walking in the forest, sitting quietly and just reflecting on the peace and tranquilty.  You may ask was it safe?  Yes except on Wednesday you had to keep your eyes open as the men were hunting, there were notices warning faire attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment