Tuesday 12 June 2018

HIPPO COLLECTOR

Hippos are far more popular than I thought.  Today I met an avid hippo collector Alexander Raymond, he just loves hippos and although he knows that they are dangerous to him they are the most remarkable animals.

Alex loves the story of Huberta and he has a copy of Huberta the untold story and the latest publication Huberta the hippo who went on a journey.  Lenie his wife showed me a copy of a workbook for school children featuring about hippos.  Interesting!

Chatting with him this morning he was delighted to hear that Huberta can still be viewed at the Amathole museum in King Williams Town. Now I am wondering do we have any other hippo collectors?  Maybe you not a collector but have a favourite hippo somewhere in your home or garden.  I would love to see these and maybe share on my blog or facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment