Friday 13 May 2016

CAMPING AT UMHLANGA AND THEN TO MT EDGECOMBE


Huberta spent a month at Umhlanga February 1929.  A lovely area with a lagoon where today the M4 highway crosses over the lagoon.  Huberta had come from Verulam and went down to the coastline along the Umdloti River, then along the coastline to Umhlanga, clever hippo.

"I enjoy the sea and the coastline, I also enjoy the golf estates so I am planning to see what is available at Mt Edgecombe, then I will attempt the concrete jungle of Durban.  Life is so interesting,  I'm glad I started this journey, just need to remember to keep travelling south.  Somehow my destiny lies south."




"Wow what a beautiful area, water and food I need no more."














Huberta was seen in this area which later years became the Mt Edgecombe Country Estate and yes you quessed it.......another golf course!



No comments:

Post a Comment